Community Mental Health Hubs
*add to site
Community Mental Health Hubs are based around GP surgeries and give you access to specialist mental health support.
The Hubs bring together a range of mental health specialists, such as doctors, nurses, therapists, peer workers, social workers, pharmacists, employment support and navigators, all of which will be working closely together to help you on your journey to recovery. Care will be flexible and person-centred to ensure your needs are met.
The service aims to deliver excellent integrated, recovery focused and evidence based health and social care to the residents of Kensington & Chelsea, Queen’s Park and Paddington.
The role of the teams includes:
- Assessing, treating and reviewing symptoms.
- Taking optimistic views about recovery-focused interventions.
- Providing a wide range of psychosocial interventions and support.
- Providing support and intervention for family and carers.
- Assessing social care needs and providing social care services through personalised budgets.
- Working in partnership with a range of statutory and non-statutory services.
- Working closely with local GPs to provide joined up mental and physical healthcare.
Each team has a base where they can see people. They may also work in a range of other places, such as your GP surgery, day centres, in the community and people’s own homes, as well as continuing to see people virtually during the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you need support with or are concerned about a mental health problem, speak to your GP and they will help you get to the right service.