Employment Support

Covid-19 Service Update

The Employment Team are still accepting referrals and all of their work is being done over the phone.

There is guidance for employees and employers for people returning to work after furlough or a period of working from home on the ACAS website.

Who does Employment support help?

The Employment Service is for people over 16 who experience mental health problems whilst under the care of their GP, and their carers.

It can support you if you want to find work or are struggling in your current job because of a mental health problem.

What support does Employment offer?

The Employment team offers a wide range of practical help, advice and coaching support. They can help to answer any questions you have about jobs or employment. Your dedicated Employment Adviser can help you:

  • Find the right kind of work for you
  • Return to work after a period of sick leave
  • Stay in work and/or deal with workplace adjustments
  • Know your employment rights

The Community Living Well employment service also supports you to learn a wide range of skills to help you get a job. These include:

  • How to search for a job
  • How to write a CV and cover letter
  • How to fill in a job application form
  • How to prepare for an interview

How to access Employment

You can refer yourself by contacting Community Living Well or completing the form on this website. Alternatively you can also ask your GP or other professional involved in your care to refer you to Community Living Well Employment. For our list of eligible GP practices please click here.

How to contact Employment

The best way to contact the Employment Support team is by referring yourself to Community Living Well using the online form. You can also call on:

Tel: 020 3317 4200

Services are provided from:

Our advisers may also be able to meet you in other locations in the borough.